Saturday, March 31, 2007

No Turning Back

It's official. My bib number is 3349!!! Pinal is 3350! We're ecstatic about solidifying our commitment! The registration is non-refundable so we're going to be there.

Today was 6 fantastic miles! It was a really great run. Irfan and I started out a little later than we would have liked, but the weather was perfect. I took my fuel belt for a test this morning too and it worked out wonderfully. It was very comfortable and I really liked having some water along the way.

What's a fuel belt? A Fuel Belt is actually a name brand, so maybe hydration belt would have been a better description. Either way, mine has four 8oz bottles on it and a nice pouch to carry my keys and snacks. I took only 1 bottle today, but I drank every bit by mile 5. Next time, I'll carry two bottles.

Next week, 7 miles! I can't wait until it's 10 or maybe 20 :)

2 comments:

Peter said...

Now that's weird. We're 3352 and 3353!

MK said...

Wow! That's GREAT! It's crazy how you found me :) Good Luck training and congrats on your recent half marathon.