Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Most Common Question

It's interesting. Throughout the week I have told several other students that I'm running a marathon. Most are very encouraging, but it's always followed with one question. What's the farthest you have ever run before? 3.3 Miles! That's right, before last week that's the farthest I had ran. However, last Wednesday I ran 4 miles, as I did today, and on Saturday I completed 5 miles. This weekend it will be 6! So every week I'll be running farther than I ever have before. So keep that in mind while you are reading if you are saying to yourself that you could never run that far. Your mindset is what is standing in the way! Start with walking a few minutes every day and then build-up, lots of other people have.

On my run today, I was thinking about all the miles ahead of me, and I'm excited to think about the different places I will be during my training: Florida (obviously), Colorado, Alabama and probably Maryland too! I'll be traversing miles I've only breezed by in a car. By running these miles, I'll be able to see the beauty in the trees, the reflections in the water and all of nature's beauty I may have only glanced at before. This makes me very excited and I'm looking forward to each new run. And at the end is a beautiful reward, the ultimate experience, running the Golden Gate Bridge and accomplishing a personal goal.

May good fortune be with each of you as you pursue your own dreams and goals.

No comments: