Sunday, July 8, 2007

23 Miles of Pure...

JOY!!! Today was an awesome run. We started early, up at 3:45 and running at 4:30; we ran for almost 4.5 hours including 2 water stops to refill our bottles. The weather was much nicer than we've been having. It was in the mid to high 70s and overcast until around 8:30 which means that the last 2 miles maybe weren't quite as joyous as the first 21.

I decided today was about finishing and having fun on the last of the long runs before the marathon. I feel that I accomplished both of those goals. I took it much slower than I have been, but I was able to run 22 miles before stopping to walk for 0.2 miles followed by a slow jog to the finish.

At the finish I still had about 1/4 mile or so to walk to meet up with Irfan who had finished several minutes ahead of me. We stripped off our shoes and all unnecessary extras and headed into the ocean for a quick dip. It was soothing. Finally we picked up our stuff and headed up to stretch and begin the ice baths. After a short bit we then trekked back downstairs and enjoyed some aquatic stretching in the indoor pool.

Now, several hours after our run, we still move like the oldest of the residents here in our building, but with youth on our side, tomorrow we will be back to normal, well mostly anyway.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Wow!It's umbelivable how much do you run!Keep Walking:)