Tuesday, June 26, 2007

300 Miles!

Today I reached 300+ training miles! I find it so hard to believe that I've run 300 miles in less than 4 months! My training is going wonderfully well!

I want to take a minute and say thank you again to all my friends and family that have been so supportive and have endured hours of endless rambling about running.

Yesterday, I finally bought a new pair of shoes to finish my last 2 long runs in and of course my marathon. The big day is just over 5 weeks away. I'm getting really excited. Pinal and I laughed as we both talked about how much we're ready to start packing our bags for S.F. We don't want to forget anything and there are so many things we should take. It's difficult to think of everything you "might" need. It's much more than just your shoes and running clothes. Thankfully we both have found several lists of "must haves" for the big day. We'll compile our lists and take way too many things, but it will be fun.

Overall, I'm in really good shape, but recently my heals have started to hurt a little. At the running store, they told me I can have no more bare feet until after the marathon. I was very sadden by this, but I know that it is best. So today, I retired my first pair of training shoes to daily wear. I wore them all day except when I was sleeping. I do think they help, especially when I'm cooking. They even help my back, so perhaps after the marathon, I'll keep wearing them around the house.

To many of you it won't be a surprise when I announce my next big athletic/life challenge as I have hinted about it to a few of you. For those of you who don't know, hopefully I'll be able to wait a little longer and get my plans finalized. Look for the announcement in the next few weeks. I'm already getting really really excited.

2 comments:

Peter said...

Congrats! It sounds like you're doing great. I passed 300 miles yesterday too, right at the point where my left foot started a dull ache, which turned into pain, which made me walk, until.. I couldn't even walk on it. A day later I still can't put it down on the ground. Maybe I only had 300 miles in me?

Peter said...

I emailed the San Francisco Marathon people about what their gel and drink providers were (which prompted them to update their FAQ).

"Cytomax will be providing the gel and replacement drinks. The gel flavors on the course will be orange and vanilla, and the drink flavors will be cool citrus and pink lemonade."

Cytomax drinks are find. But the gel. Hmmm. We've looked all over for this and can't find it. And they make it in the Bay Area! One guy in a multisport store asked why we'd want it because it'd had it in a race once and thought it was horrid stuff. I'm starting to think of strategies to carry my own 'food'.